Making sure your training materials are effectively translated
By: Carlos Estefani, VP of Client Services | Protranslating
Savvy managers know that offering top-notch training and development is key to building and maintaining an effective, productive and skilled workforce. This is more important than ever when the reach of corporate training extends around the world, to employees in multiple cultures, speaking a variety of languages. Whether your company is large or small, effectively translating your learning materials into other languages can dramatically impact the overall quality—and job satisfaction—of your global workforce.
We’ve all been exposed to good and bad learning experiences. The best training programs are engaging, accessible and relevant. Ensuring that your corporate training meets these criteria in a global setting adds another degree of challenge to the mix. How do you ensure that the translations of your training programs are not only technically accurate but tailored to the cultural preferences and sensitivities of your global audience?
You need a language service provider (LSP) that understands your various audiences and can communicate with them so that they can best absorb and benefit from the training you offer. Protranslating is such a company. Here are some of the ways we can help you localize your corporate programs:
- Our translators incorporate diverse cultural learning styles. These expert linguists are native speakers who understand and skillfully make use of language nuances, cultural learning styles and target reading levels when translating your company’s training materials into different languages.
- We use culturally relevant images and graphics. The best training materials organize and reinforce their messages with colored symbols and imagery. These elements improve esthetics and enhance learning. However, you need to be sure that these elements translate well to your end users in other countries. Since colors and designs can carry different meanings in other cultures, you don’t want to offend or confuse your audience. A knowledgeable LSP will pinpoint and address any in-country sensitivities within your global learning materials design to help you to be more appealing to end users.
- We work in multiple presentation formats. Rather than having to spend time formatting your training materials, you can rely on us to customize and manage that process for you. Simply tell us your preferred file type. We work in Captivate, Storyline, Camtasia, Flash and others.
- Our client portal makes it easy to communicate with us. You can submit and track projects, and pay and store invoices, which speeds up your project cycle and frees you up for other training and development projects.
- One-stop shopping saves you money. Protranslating is typically 30% less expensive than our competitors because we have an in-house studio with resources that include linguists and voice talent.
Choosing an LSP with extensive learning and development experience working with a broad range of industries and projects, as well as the technical and professional capabilities to handle multiple languages and cultures, will ensure that your corporate training programs meet their objectives every time.