Protranslating.com (“Company” or “We“) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our corporate website www.protranslating.com and our portal portal.protranslating.com (our “Website“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our corporate website and via our portal, located at portal.protranslating.com, collectively our Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the protranslating.com domain.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- Information you provide to us when requesting services.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
- CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at: [email protected]
III. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as the languages you speak or can read; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
- Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website such as our Contact form on the corporate website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or requesting further services such as a quote request or a project approval. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and details of the fulfillment of your orders, including payment information. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk.
- Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information, not tied to your user profile on our portal, about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities on our corporate website (www.protranslating.com) over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). You may opt out of behavioral tracking on this website by responding to the full site takeover when you first land.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To deliver our language-based services to you.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- To comply with any relevant laws, regulations, ordinances, rules, directives, or statutes.
If you chose to opt-in to receive marketing materials from us, possibly when you filled our “contact us” form on our corporate website (www.protranslating.com), be aware that we may use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box to opt-out located on the “contact us” form on our website or at the bottom of any marketing emails you may receive from us. You can also opt-out by sending an email to [email protected]
Legal bases for processing (For EEA users): If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only where we have a legal basis for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal basis depends on the Services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you with the Services you requested, including to operate the Services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the Services, which includes all processing necessary for the performance of our contract(s) with yo;.
- It satisfies a legitimate interest that is not outweighed by your data protection rights and interests, such as for research and development, to market and promote the Services and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party (e.g. your employer) have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the Services.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Protranslating’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Protranslating about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Website, or copy a coworker on a request being made through our portal, we will transmit the contents of that email/request and possibly your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Protranslating, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
VII. CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Marketing Emails. You can review and change your personal information in our marketing systems by using the unsubscribe function on our marketing emails.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own, you can opt out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order/registration form) or at any other time by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected] If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions or use the Opt-out feature on the email.
VIII. ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We do our best to respect your privacy rights and provide you access and control over your data. You may make any of the following requests regarding your data by contacting us at [email protected]:
- Access and review your data.
- Correct your data or request that we delete some or all of it.
- Obtain copies of your data in human or and/or machine-readable format suitable for importing to other software.
- Restrict us from using or processing your data.
Be advised that we use a differential backup system; this means that we cannot delete your specific information from our inactive backups. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change or delete information if we believe the change or deletion would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Website, including User Contributions, is governed by our Terms & Conditions.
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected] or write us at: 2850 Douglas Rd., Coral Gables, Florida 33134.
- DATA SECURITY
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions and all sensitive personal data, will be encrypted using commercially reasonable technology.
We classify your information, but we require your assistance to most capably protect your data. We will ask you to mark data as (1) Unclassified, (2) Confidential, or (3) Sensitive, depending on your classification of any data you submit to us. If you believe that data you send to us contains personal data or other sensitive information, you must notify us by marking that information as Sensitive.
When classifying your data, you should consider the following definitions:
- Confidential data is any proprietary data subject to non-disclosure and confidentiality contract obligations that would cause or create legal liability if accessed by unauthorized parties.
- Restricted data is any Personal Data as that term is defined by the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation and/or any similar laws or regulations, including but not limited to “personally identifiable information”, “private health information”, and/or “non-public information” as such terms are used in HIPAA, PCI-DSS, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, or Sarbanes-Oxley. Sensitive data also includes valuable and proprietary information (including trade secrets), for which the loss, unauthorized access to, or unauthorized publication of would result in substantial or severe harm.
Your data is processed in our system as either Confidential or Restricted, depending on your classification. If you fail to classify your data, we will consider that data Confidential. Both Unclassified and Confidential data is Unrestricted. Our secure portal uses commercially reasonable technologies, processes and procedures to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all Confidential and Restricted data. While we still make commercially reasonable efforts to protect Unrestricted data, such data is not subject to our most expensive and stringent controls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
XII. CONTACT INFORMATION